Good afternoon, friends! Sorry I’ve been out the last few days… things have been incredibly busy lately. Not everything has been recorded, but of course I’ll share what I have with you.
I’ve also been working on doing many things at once… here’s what my days have been looking like.
1. “Cook” breakfast cookie overnight, so in the mornings I can just pull it out and…
2. Put clothes in dryer while coffee is brewing.
3. Eat breakfast while reading 600 pages of manuscripts.
4. Perfect art of speed reading (thoroughly).
5. Stretch in shower (not recommended… especially if you don’t have a shower mat!).
6. Shave legs while conditioning hair.
7. [En route]: sleep on subway.
8. Staple one check together while printing out another.
9. Flex abs and arms while running orders.
10. Do squats (AKA rest legs) during slow hours.
11. Sleep on subway home (but remember to get off the train).
Here are some of my eats:
Huuuuge bowl of Puffins & Smart Start w/ 1 plum, 1/2 banana, strawberries, & almond milk:
A Gliding Calm-style snack plate with red and yellow peppers, okra, and a fake chicken with melted lite munster:
I made a spicy peanut sauce out of PB2 and sriracha… so good!
Okra + peanut sauce may just be the strangest, most delicious new combination for me.
I’ve been snacking on my spiced chickpeas at work… I put them in the fridge and they got a little soggy, but they’re still great for instant energy.
After a rough night at work on Saturday, I stopped at 16 Handles for a big cup of Eurotart, Green Tea tart, and PB topped with peaches, kiwi and a huge glob of PB cup.
Daisy Brand cottage cheese w/ a peach, strawberries & granola:
Zucchini egg white fritatta w/ fontina & mozzarella cheeses:
Last night was the first night in a while that I’ve been able to spend time with Ari alone. We’d been planning on going out to dinner and a movie, but it started storming. Instead, we ordered Thai, popped In Treatment into the DVD player, and a picnic on the floor.
We each had a glass of Frizzante (and thought about how I need to organize my closet area):
Grilled tofu satay:
Fried spring rolls (I had one… didn’t really want it, but they were free!):
Vegetarian coconut vegetable soup:
Ari’s sister also brought me back some chocolate from Israel.
Well, off to work. I’m very beyond on your blogs… thanks for your patience!